Friday, May 17, 2013

Is There Life Out There?



 
There is a question I keep asking in different ways but yet never gets answered. Kinda beyond frustrating as it seems its being treated more like a plague than anything.

Finally today someone was brave enough to take it on. Sure it felt more like what a mother does for a child and in which they believe in them...sometimes it kinda feels like they "have to" but then again that was contrary to what we had growing up...so I'm gonna believe this person. Besides she had the guts to not only answer but also say she was going to believe it for me as its too weighty for me.

The questions revolve around is there any chance...any hope...any remote possibility that I could be free of the depression? Like could I ever have a life outside of the one in which I grew up with?

As me and this other gal were talking the question she asked was your really asking if there is life out there for me? I'm like yeah exactly and immediately was reminded of the song by Reba McEntire.

A lot of the lyrics are so fitting for what I've been asking...these in particular are my own struggles...

But now she's just wonderin'
What she's living for
Now she's feeling that there's something more

Is there life out there
So much she hasn't done
Is there life beyond her family and home
Should she do what she dares
She's just wonderin
Is there life out there

She's dyin' to try something foolish
Do something crazy
Or just get away
Something for herself for a change

There's a place in the sun that she's never been
Where life is fair and time is a friend


No comments:

Post a Comment